The slate of 2014 lead judges was announced at the recent World Dairy Expo Board of Directors meeting December 10. Eight internationally recognized experts were nominated and selected by Expo exhibitors to evaluate the high caliber cattle from across North America.
Judges for World Dairy Expo 2014 are:
- International Ayrshire Show
Lead Judge: David Wallace, Beloit, Wis.
- International Brown Swiss
Lead Judge: Eric Topp, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- International Guernsey Show
Lead Judge: Dale Chupp, Inola, Okla.
- International Holstein Show
Lead Judge: Paul Trapp, Taylor, Wis.
- International Junior Holstein Show
Lead Judge: Molly Sloan, Columbus, Wis.
- International Jersey Show
Lead Judge: Nathan Thomas, North Lewisburg, Ohio
- International Milking Shorthorn Show
Lead Judge: Michael Heath, Westminster, Md.
- International Red & White Show
Lead Judge: Callum McKinven, Canton de Hatley, Quebec
Associate judges for each breed will be announced at a later date. The seven breed champions will be selected during the five-day event and become candidates for Supreme Champion during a ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
World Dairy Expo 2014 will celebrate “Designer Dairy” as the theme and will be held September 30 through October 4 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin. World Dairy Expo is recognized as the largest global dairy-focused event for dairy producers and industry enthusiasts. Visit worlddairyexpo.com for further details.
Kamps-Hollow Altitude EX-95 is one of the breeds most extrodinary Brood Cows. Altitude is already creating excitment in the breed for more then a Decade! She is not only the Dam of the breeds newest EX-96 cow KHW Regiment Apple-Red, but she has many more exciting offspring. Selling in the Online Embryo Auction are several lots from her daughters sired by the breeds most exciting sires!
- Lot 3 IVF Olympian *RC x KHW Goldwyn Aiko *RC EX-91 | Three #1 grade Olympian *RC embryos from the Great Brood Cow KHW Goldwyn Aiko-ET *RC EX-91, next dam ALTITUDE!
- Lot 8 Racer x KHW Uno Allentown | Five #1 grade EARLY Racer embryos from the GTPI+2299 Uno daughter of ALTITUDE! Racer is one of the highest bulls in the German system and will not be available in Europe till September 2014!
- Lot 9 Halogen x KHW Uno Allentown | Five #1 grade Halogen from KHW Uno Allentown GTPI+2299! PA-GTPI >2400!
- Lot 14 Olympian *RC x KHW Uno Ann Arbor *RC | EARLY Olympian embryos from the GTPI+2236 *RC Uno daughter of Altitude! This could be the next Chart-Topping RED in the BREED!
The Holstein Plaza Online Heifer Sale & The Holstein Plaza Online Embryo Sale offer several opportunities to make show calves. Stone-Rise Durham Lizzy EX-95 3E GMD DOM is one of these outstanding opportunities. Lizzy herself sells in the Online Heifer Sale, Lizzy has proven herself to be a great Brood Cow and Source for many Excellent offspring. Lizzy has no less than 10 EX daughters with more to come! She is currenlty in an IVF program where she averages almost 15 embryos per session!
Online Heifer Sale
- Lot 14 Stone-Rise Durham Lizzy EX-95 3E GMD DOM | The opportunity to buy an EX-95 PROVEN Brood Cow!
Online Embryo Sale
- Lot 19 IVF FEMALE Sid x Stone-Rise Durham Lizzy EX-95 3E GMD DOM | Make Show Calves!
- Lot 18 SEXED Brokaw x SRF-ZBW Storm Legacy EX-90 | Sexed Brokaw embryos from the EX-90 Stormatic daughter of Lizzy EX-95!
2013 has been the Year of the APPLES, besides their HUGE victory at World Dairy Expo the Apples also have been dominating the Charts with several high testing offspring. The Holstein Plaza Online Heifer Sale & Online Embryo Auction offers several Lots out of this Great Cow Family... APPLE is HOTTER than EVER!
Online Heifer Sale
- Lot 9 FIRST CHOICE Olympian *RC Female x Ms Apples Uno Ambrosia *RC | Unique opportunity to buy an EARLY Olympian *RC Female from the GTPI+2343 +3.55T Uno daughter of APPLE!
Online Embryo Sale
- Lot 6 Activator *VRC x Ms Apples Alibi *RC | Five #1 grade UNIQUE Potential VARIANT RED Activator embryos from the GTPI+2280 +3.20T *RC Uno daughter of APPLE! This lot has Index, Type, Show and has as a Bonus VARIANT RED!
- Lot 10 Golden PP-Red x Ms Apples Alexis *RC VG-87-2YR | Five #1 grade Golden PP-Red embryos from the VG-87-2YR *RC Shottle Daughter of APPLE! This lot is POLLED and Potentially RED!
Use this Great Opportunity the buy your own APPLE and be part of the APPLE Dynasty!
Another great success for APPLE... after being Reserve Grand Champion at the World Dairy Expo Red & White Show behind her clone, Apple now has been classified EX-96! Congratulations to the Apple Partners!
Selling in the Online Embryo Auction are two lots from the HUGE Bull Dam OCD Planet Diamond. Diamond already has 23 sons in A.I. including Claynook Deductive @ Semex GTPI+2450, and there are more sons coming! Three of her sons are sold as Immunity+ sires! The full sister to Diamond is the Dam of the #1 GTPI Cow on the Locator List Miss OCD Robst Delicious-ET VG+86 GTPI+2501 and her daughter is the #1 GTPI Female in the Breed scoring GTPI+2758! Selling in the Online Embryo Auction are OCD Planet Diamond her Jabir and Chipper-P *RC embryos.
New photo of T-Gen-AC Drearys Emotion, the +2201G Epic daughter of Ronelee Boliver Dreary and the great Dabble family. Don't miss EARLY Catalyst embryos selling from Emotion in the Holstein Plaza Online Embryo Auction. CLICK HERE
The Holstein Plaza Online Embryo auction offers several EARLY lots sired by one of the most exciting young bulls in the Industry Ladys-Manor Olympian *RC. Olympian *RC is one of the highest *RC bulls in the breed.
- Lot 2 Olympian *RC x Des-Y-Gen Planet Silk *RC VG-87-2YR | Olympian Embryos from the #7 GTPI cow on the Locator List, Planet Silk! Silk has several high scoring *RC/RED daughters that are topping the Charts... This lot is Potential RED!
- Lot 3 IVF Olympian *RC x KHW Goldwyn Aiko *RC EX-91 | IVF Olympian Embryos from the GREAT Brood Cow KHW Goldwyn Aiko *RC EX-91. Aiko Already has multiple sons in AI and high scoring daughters.
- Lot 4 Olympian *RC x Dymentholm Sunview Satin *RC | Five #1 grade Olympian Embryos from the GTPI+2214 *RC Epic daughter of Planet Silk! This could be the next Chart-topping RED!
- Lot 14 Olympian *RC x KHW Uno Ann Arbor *RC | Six #1 grade Olympian embryos from the *RC Uno daughter of ALTITUDE EX-95! Ann Arbor is the Maternal sister of APPLE EX-95 and scores GTPI+2236! Huge Potential!
- Lot 36 Olympian *RC x Speek-NJ Uno Devil Rae *RC | Three #1 grade EARLY Olympian Embryos from the *RC GTPI+2184 Uno granddaughter of Scientific Debutante Rae EX-92!
Several lots of the Holstein Plaza Online Embryo Auction Qualify for Brazil, Click HERE to find out which lots qualify.
Siemers Holsteins had an amazing Classification day recently. Click HERE for the highlights.
The Holstein Plaza Online Heifer Sale offers some great Flush Cows to buy, for example lot 18 Wabash-Way Eves Easy Pea VG-87-2YR and Ms Chassitys Caroline VG-86-2YR. Both these exciting young cows have a great flush history. Wabash-Way Eves Easy Pea VG-87-2yr was flushed as a heifer 3 times resulting in 33 embryos and in her first flush as a milking 2-Yr old she made 10 embryos. Ms Chassitys Caroline VG-86-2YR was also flushed 3 times as a heifer resulting in 42 embryos!
So if you are looking to buy a good flush cows Caroline and Easy Pea are great buys and are ready to flush again to make a quick return on investment!
Holstein Plaza welcomes Ebybrook Holsteins as a new member. EbyBrook Farms was established in 1999 by Randy Eby. Currenlty Ebybrook farms milks 25 cows on 150 acres. The main breeding goals include high type with a focus on udders and dairyness, the Total Herd Classification includes 6 EX, 20 VG and 5 GP cows.The main cowfamily that Ebybrook works with are the Laurie Sheiks including an EX-93 Talent and her daughters, a VG-85 Niagra and a VG-85 Bronco.
|Animal Name||Sire Stack||GPA-LPI||Cow Family|
|1||Bryhill Ransom Marquisse-ET||Ransom x Robust x Planet||3598||Sully Shottle May|
|2||Oconnors Liquid Gold Heaven||Liquid Gold x Man O Man x Shottle||3559||Snow-N-Denises Dellia|
|3||Ri-Val-Re Suprse Nikk-ET||Supersire x Observer x Goldwyn||3556||Peckenstein Terry Nike-ET|
|4||Silverridge V Mccut Entranced||McCutchen x Snowman x Planet||3551||Whittier-Farms Lead Mae|
|5||Silverridge V Mccut Enchanted||McCutchen x Snowman x Planet||3551||Whittier-Farms Lead Mae|
Holstein HighlightsClassification, Registry and more!
|Name||Sire Stack||GTPI||A.I. Station|
|1||ZAHBULLS ALTA1STCLASS-ET||Numero Uno x Dorcy x Toystory||2598||Alta|
|2||MORNINGVIEW MCC KINGBOY-ET||McCutchen x Superstition x Shottle||2598||Select|
|3||DE-SU 11756 OCTAVIAN-ET||Numero Uno x Bookem x Shottle||2560||ABS|
|4||VIEUXSAULE FLAME-ET||Numero Uno x Freddie x Bolton||2555||Semex|
|5||SEAGULL-BAY SILVER-ET||Mogul x Snowman x Planet||2554||ABS|
Hotspots is a new magazine that brings you all the latest news in the global Holstein industry. Subscribe via mail or view online.
Find out more.